The Boston Festival of Indie Games is picking up speed very quickly! We are seeking volunteers in a number of areas, for both pre-fest and on-site assistance.
Volunteers may have pre-festival assignments and a required orientation on Friday, September 12th at 6pm.
The orientation will be on-site, with a tour of the facility, accommodations may be possible for those unable to attend in person. If you are accepted to work the day of the event, you are expected to be on-site the whole day, during festival hours. Plan accordingly so you have no job, school, or other conflicts during that time that you do not make us aware of before hand.
We need lots of help before the festival takes place, as well as on-site during the event!
SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE!
We still need support people in the following areas:
- Indie Showcase – developer submissions, curation process support, digital and board games
- Volunteers – volunteer recruiting, coordination and management
- Production – site logistics
- On-Site Volunteer – help out on day of event with logistics, crowd management, assisting attendees, etc.
- AND MUCH MUCH MORE!
Applications are being accepted on a first-come-first-get-t-shirt basis.
What are the benefits of volunteering for the day of?
- A pass for use when not on-duty
- A bright red t-shirts to wear throughout the Festival identifying you as a Volunteer
What kind of work does the job involve?
- At least 4 hours of challenging and important tasks like:
- Guarding doors and checking badges
- Monitoring conference sessions and assisting speakers
- Answering attendee questions
- …And much more!
What costs should volunteers plan for?
- Travel expenses to and from the festival and parking
- Hotel or housing expenses if necessary
- Food expenses
What restrictions do I have compared to an attendee?
- Usually none. You have the same pass the attendees have. However, your work shifts must come first so you get to use your pass when off-duty.
I don’t live in the United States of America. Can I still volunteer?
- Yes! International people are welcome to apply. You will need to take care of any visa requirements for travel from your country to the USA.
What if I have particular sessions I want to attend?
- Volunteers submit work preferences that are factored into their schedule. That plus the ability to trade work shifts with other volunteers should allow you to definitely attend at least a few preferred sessions.
What are you looking for in an applicant?
- We don’t state specific criteria nor how we do volunteer selection. In an Internet age, everyone would find out anything we share and tell us what we want to hear. Everything we do mention you will see on the application when you go to fill it out.
Do you take groups?
- No. Each person in your group is welcome to submit their own application. We will consider each one on an individual basis.
What about the rest of my questions?
- We provide the information that volunteers need to everyone who is accepted. If you have a question that you need answering now, prior to applying, please email us and we will be happy to help. Otherwise, please wait to see if you get accepted and if all the information you receive then answers your questions.